The FB series is a thermoplastic materials with superior flame barrier properties. It is a compound product with flame retardant, glass fiber and mineral fillers based on thermoplastic materials such as modified Polyphenylene oxide, Polyamide, Polybutylene terephthalate which provides excellent flame retardancy whilst maintaining desired mechanical properties. The Halogen-free FB2000-series, with excellent electrical properties and low specific gravity, can be used in electrical and electronic components and can solve economical and eco-friendly problems at the same time.
There are three products in the FB series: FB2206F which can be used by various processing methods such as injection molding and sheet extrusion, FB2306F, which can provide higher mechanical strength and has the advantage of less deformation when flame occurs, and FB2306AF which is also a flame barrier material based on a Polyamide resin.
* This information was provided by
and may contain additional information outside the scope of this Claim Verification.
LUMILOY FB2206F, LUMILOY FB2306F, LUMID FB2306AF
Marketing Claim Verified by UL Solutions
Exceeds UL 94
5VA exhibiting No
Hole Or Drip After
• 6 molded samples of the candidate plastic material were supplied in 150 ± 5 mm by 150 ± 5 mm dimension at 2.0mm thickness, Natural Color.
• 3 samples were tested in horizontal orientation by the application of a calibrated 500W (125mm) flame in accordance with ASTM D5207. The flame was applied to the center of the specimen in such a way that the burner tube was positioned at 20±5° from the vertical and horizontal axes when tested in horizontal and vertical orientations respectively.
• Flame was applied on each sample for a period of 10 min in such a way that the tip of the blue cone was within 0 to 3mm of the plate surface without impinging into the specimen.
• After 10 min flame application, the specimens were observed to establish the Claim.
Note: Flame barrier has not been evaluated for its ability to prevent or delay thermal runaway of EV batteries nor suppress fire from a thermal runaway event.
About the Company
LG Chem is a leading chemical company in Korea that has continuously achieved growth through relentless challenges and innovation since its establishment in 1947.
From the infrangible facial cream lid to the world’s most advanced batteries,
LG Chem has turned dreams into reality and enriched our lives for 70 years.
Building upon a balanced and globally competitive business portfolio, including petrochemicals, advanced materials, life sciences, and a subsidiary specializing in batteries, LG Chem now endeavors to become one of the top five chemical companies in the world.
“We connect science to life for a better future.”
Beyond a chemical company, LG Chem will become a leading science-oriented corporation that creates value for our customers.
What is UL Verification?
UL Verification is an objective, science-based assessment that confirms the accuracy of marketing claims. Our independent assessment process scrutinizes the validity of specific advertising or promotional statements, giving you a way to separate verified fact from fiction.